Who we are
At Lana Labs we build the next generation technology that aims to change the way companies do process analysis. We are passionate about building high quality software, always challenging ourselves to keep on learning and find solutions for new problems.
Our Process Mining engine is built on a modern stack of technologies that allow us to write high quality code fast and deliver answers to complex data mining problems to the user in real time.
We believe that working together, having fun together and supporting each other is essential to achieve our goal - to realize the world’s improvement potential by enabling people, machines & organizations to get better every day.
How we work
We embrace a programming language agnostic view on problem solving, we encourage you to make use of your existing knowledge and to experiment with new technologies. On the backend we are mainly using Elixir, Rust and Scala.
We communicate clearly about technical decisions and trade-offs in design and strive towards efficiency.
We have a service oriented architecture, incorporating big data technologies and machine learning.
We use shape-up by basecamp as our agile framework.
We encourage personal growth.
We discourage overwork.
- Discover, scope, design and implement solutions to fascinating data processing challenges
- Work in close contact with our product and data science teams to discover the best solutions to our customer’s problems
- Drive technical innovation of our products by challenging the status quo
- Investigate new technologies and invent new solutions to existing problems
- Review and support the work of your team members, encourage everyone to abide by high software engineering standards
What you should bring
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Strong foundations in any functional programming language ( Elixir, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell, OCaml)
- Deep knowledge with data structures and algorithms for complex domains, including database schema modeling
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. OLAP, columnar databases, batch processing)
- Experience in web-development and API design
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
Nice to have
- JVM languages (Java, Kotlin)
- Distributed programming, actor systems
- Knowledge in a system programming language for optimizing performance
- DevOps mindset; Docker, Docker-Compose
- Experience in interfacing with machine learning problems & implementations
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and way of working
- Interesting challenges and opportunities to grow
- A beautiful office in Berlin Kreuzberg
- Healthy snacks, mate, coffee & co.
- An awesome team of highly skilled individuals
- A Magellanic penguin adopted in your name in our colony in Southern Chile